The Sound Doesn't Work
The number one reason the sound isn't working is that the physical switch on your device is set to mute. Here's how to fix it:
- Locate the switch on the side of the device, right next to the volume control
- Flip the switch back and forth a few times. You should see a speaker turn on and off on your device as you do this.
- Make sure you end up where the speaker is not muted.
The Sound STILL Doesn't Work
It's possible that the switch has been changed to control the device orientation instead of sound. If that's the case, try this:
Running iOS 7:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your device to show the Control Center
- Tap the icon with a Bell with a line through it
Running iOS 6 or below:
- Press the home button twice to show all your apps in the Fast App Switcher
- Swipe right to show the music controls
- In the far left, tap the icon with a Bell with a line through it
Finally, do a hard reset by holding down the sleep and home buttons for 20 seconds or until you see the Apple logo.
If you still have no sound, please fill out the form below and we'll try to help you.
Get In Touch With Tantrum Apps
If you have a question or a comment, need technical support, or would like to get in touch with us for any other reason, here's your opportunity.